Dec 29, 2009

Athletes Going Nude for PETA


Athletes are no less famous than celebs in term of a public figures. Everything they do can set a trendsetter or attract public opinions. That's why it's important for them to do social activities to become a role model for the younger generation.

There are some athletes which choose a bold way to do a social work. That is posed with no clothes on for PETA (People for Ethical Treatment of Animals). Among these brave athletes are NFL Atlanta Falcon's Tony Gonzales and Olympic gold medals swimmer Amanda Beard.



The Reasons

The football sensation, Tony Gonzales, and his wife October are baring it all in a PETA ad to tell people to wear their own skin and let animals keep theirs. In the ad, Tony and October say "we'd rather go naked than wear fur."
I’ve never done something like this before. I’m usually not a political person…the pictures I saw were pretty gruesome, pretty cruel. If done the right way, maybe. But done the way I saw it, it’s definitely inhumane.
The 10-time Pro Bowler, who holds the NFL record for most receptions by a tight end, is taking the campaign seriously (as he should), and has made changes to his diet, “I eat a little meat now, but it comes from clean sources: grass-fed cows, free-range chickens, wild fish, stuff like that,” he said. “I’m OK with it as long as you do it humanely.”


While for Amanda Beard, posing like this is not for the first time. She done something bolder when she posed for the infamous "bunny" magazine, that has nothing to do with social activity of course.

First off, Amanda doesn’t want people to get the impression that she sheds her swimsuit at every single opportunity:
Like with Playboy, that was more of a personal reason. I wanted to do it, I thought it’d be fun and something I could look back on. And with PETA it was more for a good cause. And I’m not even really naked, I’m covering myself up, so I didn’t see all the fuss in that.
I hope in the future much more athletes (for me, especially the females) are dare to follow the footstep of these two. Not just going with the sexy thing, but much more social and charity activities to set examples for their fans.

Related Posts by Categories:




0 comments:

Post a Comment

We really appreciate if you don't use inappropriate words and links for commenting. Thanks You.